Saturday, April 27, 2013

This is hope

life is crazy... as usual.

Human trafficking has been on my heart lately, and I though I would share a simple song I wrote trying to express my thoughts on the subject.

What is hope/ what is peace/ what is love and what is joy/
What is life without fear/ who is this God who cares/
These questions are asked every day/ 
By people living afraid/
And maybe these words don't belong in a song/
But they've been on my heart/

But what is it that I can do/ what is it that I can say/
I can't stand by and watch this world slip away/
What is it that I can do/ what is it that I can say /
How can I help and free them from their chains/
I need His grace/

What is faith/ what is trust/ what is believing in God's love/
How can I believe in God when it seems like His back is turned/
These questions are asked so many times/
By people living hurting lives/ 
And maybe these words don't belong in a song/
But they've been on my heart/

Jesus, use my life in ways I can't imagine/
Use my heart and soul for your eternal passion/
Use my hands and feet for your glory/
Use my songs, my words to tell this story/

What is it that you can do/ what is it that you can say/
you can't stand by and watch this world slip away/
What is it that you can do/ what is it that you can say /
How can you help and free them from their chains/
We need His grace/

This is hope.

{Sophia Fulton, 2013}




No comments:

Post a Comment