Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter weekend thoughts

I hope you had a blessed Easter.
We had such an Easter. The joining of three families whose friendships were made in college was amazing.
There were kiddos all over the place, the kitchen was never completely clean, and honestly, we were a bit chaotic. (twelve kids can do that to a home) But the laughs that we shared, the prayers said together, the meals...The egg hunt... And most of all the celebration of Christ's Resurrection... It was all so blessed.   



But what I really draw out of the weekend didn't happen on glorious Easter Sunday. What I really draw out of the weekend came on Friday.
I guess I never really saw the Crucifixion in this light. To hear about the pain, the hurt that was caused to Jesus, and to think I did that. I hurt Him even more when my heart is not where He wants it to be.
The good Friday service was haunting... thought-provoking... tear-filled...

To hear the pounding of a hammer... Thinking that nail went into my Jesus, it lodged something in my heart.
To hear what the thunder sounded like... see the flashes of lightning... It sent chills down my back.
To gaze on the cross bathed in a red glow... to sit in silence for moments... to take it all in.

Then to sing Hallelujah, what a Savior... It struck me to think of what Jesus had done. really. amazingly. powerfully.

Perhaps you can ponder this for a few moments. Hallelujah, what a Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment