Saturday, April 20, 2013

GenJ, Truth, and Very Little Sleep.

I am absolutely about to pass out, but I want to get this blog post done before the thoughts leave my brains.

I had one of the most amazing times this weekend. My friends and I and a bunch of other kids (around 200) had a fabulous time (at least, I had a fabulous time. I can't speak for the others) learning about legislation, advocacy, congress, and other things that I don't remember what they were called.

I have to admit, I'm NOT politics oriented. I also do not like public speaking, and when I think about it, I think this is why I love to perform piano- I don't have to speak.

When I first heard about the GenJ teen track (www.generationjoshua.org) I was on the opposing side for doing it because I felt like I would be out of my comfort zone. (that was supposed to sound smart but it didn't) But I had a fabulous time even though I told myself I wouldn't.



I think what drove me to have a fabulous weekend was really a heart matter. I felt that with this knowledge of politics, I could do things. I could make a difference based on my values.

One of the many things I learned this weekend was in a devotional this morning.

When we do not have truth, we do not have a basis for our beliefs, therefore we do not have a basis for our political, religious or any other view.

What is truth? Our truth does not come of this world. Our truth is The Truth. We can find the truth from the Word of God. This is key in developing a view that is pleasing to God. If you want to know God, read what is from God. Simple, right?

So maybe you can walk away with this~

When you are making decisions-big or small- base your decisions off of the Truth.
 A lot will fall in place after that.

Well, now I am going to go pass out. good night!
some of my great friends and I! we were very tired by the end, if
 you can't tell. two nights of very little sleep does that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment