Saturday, December 28, 2013

that five letter word


There are two little ones playing this game at my feet. There's a brother wrapped up in a blanket listening intently to his father reading while looking out the window wishing, hoping for snow.
There's that one sibling who's supposed to be listening quietly but in reality is trying to ruin the little ones' game.
Seriously, in the few moments it took me to write that paragraph, our peaceful evening has been disrupted.


Peace. that five letter word that everyone longs for. This word is all through our house in the Christmas season. It's on ornaments. And Christmas cards. It's in songs.


Because truly, Christmas is not peaceful. There are enormously long lines at walmart. There are crazy sales and more parties than you can count.


Now that Christmas is over and done, I'm sick and tired of crazy. This 2014, I'm yearning for peace.

 
So, as we inch towards this new year, I'm going to inch towards peace. This five letter word may change my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment