Thursday, March 14, 2013

the joys of being a piano teacher

A groan, a moan, a sigh, a cry.
"I can't do it." 
Oh, the joys of being a piano teacher. No, seriously, it really is joyful. Most of the time. 
Yes, all of my students have had that moment. the time where the theory is too boring, the songs are too hard, or they just don't like it.

I had it, too. there was a time, okay, a number of times when i wanted to quit piano. I really didn't like it sometimes. But my teacher made me push on. My mom made me push on. I am SO thankful for that [now].
Even when practice time seems endless, songs seemed endless, being bossed around seemed endless. I'm so grateful that they made me keep going.

Because when I see a student with victory in their eyes when they master a difficult piece, or when i see my teacher with pride in her eyes for a song well played, it makes it worth it. worth it. 
Must I keep reminding myself? actually, yes.

But I get little reminders every day that it is worth it. Like when my piano student dances around when I say "good job". Or when another student beats me in a theory contest.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

"I can do it."
 



No comments:

Post a Comment