Wednesday, March 6, 2013

on friendships...

My best friend rocks.
We seriously have the same brains, I think. We dress alike, talk alike, think alike and are pretty much alike.
We've written songs, planned camps, performed skits, laughed and cried... together.
Friends are gifts from God, they reveal His love and presence in our life. 
My sweet friends remind me that God is there. They show me His love every time I encounter them.
What is a friendship which does not budge,
What is a love that does not judge?
Do we feel these, do we know them,
Or are they silent, a hidden gem?
Is friendship like a melody,
That warms my heart and strengthens me?
Is friendship like a whispered prayer,
The quiet words to tell I care?
Is love a fortress guarding you,
A mighty force defending what's true?
Is love a haven, a safe place,
Where you can come and receive grace?
Friendship is more than words on paper,
Love is even greater.
These are proof that God does care,
These things remind us he is there.

1 comment: